Friday, October 28, 2005

The time has come to Name That Dog!



Yes, you remember this little guy. I have gotten many and varied suggestions for a name, and these are the two finalists (I'm indecisive).

Derel-liccht--I'd call him Derel for short.
Shortstop--with his muddy paws and short stature, this is pretty apt.


I'll be accepting votes throughout the weekend, and decide on Monday what name to finally bestow on this poor puppy. Thanks for all the fun suggestions, folks.

Dad, I would name him Felix the Dog, but I think Anne would be seriously offended. :-) Also, I'm curious who suggested the names John McEnroe and Lou Dobbs. I see an interesting thought process behind this...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Derel-liccct!!! definitely that one. I can't believe dad even bothered to mention Felix. that name will go down in history and is sacred.

9:08 AM  
Blogger A said...

I'll take this opportunity to cancel out anne's vote. In the event of a 1-1 tie, does the dog split the name? I think Derel-stop and Short-liccct are both excellent names.

11:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what about the creepy "paws" -- can't they factor into the name as well?

12:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! Is it too late to name the pooch? I only ask because I actually know that dog (don't ask me how). I was walking along through rural China one day (as I am wont to do) and I came upon his "lair," where he sat perched atop a rotted old couch from before the liberation. I thought I would call him and see to what moniker he responded. After several failed attempts with "Shorty," and "Derel," I was suddenly struck by the dischordant string of Communist revelation.
"FRED E.!" I yelled [a sobriquet for Frederick Engels, the great (and first) Engelist thinker]. His ears perked up, he looked over in my direction, and I could swear he very nearly moved imperceptibly toward me from his aging fabric throne. So I think we should dub this beautiful canine Fred. Any takers?
-- G

4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home